Who we are
Green-Kenya is a non-Profit Organization that has grown into a credible sport for Development Organization in the community, we are a social and a community based program working in challenging environment using football as a vehicle for social change and happiness in Nairobi by engaging the youths in meaningful activity that positively impacts the community. We work with children from the age of 9-19 years
Green-Kenya programs are; Female empowerment that is, Wasichana Juu/Girl Up, Leadership and governance, Community Impact Program (CIP) that include Environmental Conservation, conflict resolution and Peace. We emphasize how young people can learn by doing and how to be responsible in the community. Green-Kenya seeks to create a youth development program which provides a wide variety of enrichment.
The purpose of Green-Kenya is to help young people discover and develop their potential. We encourage young people to set their own goals and make their own plans and decisions. These two basic skills help youth achieve a happy and useful life.
A world in which youth and adult learn, grow and work together as catalysts for positive change
To give our children a green future through Sports
The long term vision of Green-Kenya is to tailor our environmental conservation program (Kick and Conserve) to work concurrently with formal and non-formal primary school pupils in Kenya to increase the awareness of climate change and its effect, but more so, the fragility of our environment and the importance of its protection in their communities and different places they are going to be after primary school level.
- To create alternative towards cutting of trees as source of fuel.
- To increase the awareness of climate change and its effect through capacity building.
- Develop leadership and assume responsibility in achieving a green Kenya
- Use soccer as a tool to tackle social issues and create a lasting change in our community, country and the world.
- Strengthen the resilience and life skills of Children through social football sessions.
- Training community youth leaders in Green-Kenya methodology and leadership skills in general to become possibly community coaches and lead the program in the future and increase their chance on the labor market.
- Increase the socio capital towards the creation and maintenance of safety for Children in the community
- Train partner schools to improve practice and theory of teaching using Green-Kenya curriculum.
- Health and Wellness
- Human dignity