We are Green-Kenya Family!
A family that believes in the future of the children.
We are an organization dedicated to helping youth become responsible, accountable adults. We help youth discover and develop their potential by teaching them to set goals and make effective decisions. We do this through Sport for Development at the primary school level.
We believe in participatory education; by exposing children to open discussion and requesting their input, we are teaching them that their opinions are important. By posing questions on unexplored topics, we are setting the seeds for critical thinking.
Regular exercise stimulates brain cell growth increasing the connection between brain cells which improves memory and attention. Exercise in children helps them focus better in school, retain more information, and build self-confidence. Sport unites people across gender, race, religion, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It is an educational tool which fosters cognitive development; teaches social behavior; and helps to integrate communities; sport has the power to transform lives.
Our organization is two-tiered, our primary focus is to bring positive change to the youth through football themed activities, our programs are offered for free to schools and children.
Our second tier involves offering our expertise in Sport for Development to corporate clients. A 10% fee is added to each package, which goes back into the Green-Kenya’s school programs and Sports for social impact consultancy where we build the capacity of local coaches and youth leaders to become role models who can direct the path of young people under their care through self-directed learning.
Why You Should Join Us?
Working with Children
Traveling to other Communities
Taking care of the Environment
Having fun together through Sports
Our Culture is fun, fun, fun
We are a Global Organization
We stand up for Humanity
We address UNSDG through play
A world in which youth and adult learn, grow and work together as catalysts for positive change
To give our children a green future through Sports
The long term vision of Green-Kenya is to tailor our environmental conservation program (Kick and Conserve) to work concurrently with formal and non-formal primary school pupils in Kenya to increase the awareness of climate change and its effect, but more so, the fragility of our environment and the importance of its protection in their communities and different places they are going to be after primary school level.
- To create alternative towards cutting of trees as source of fuel.
- To increase the awareness of climate change and its effect through capacity building.
- Develop leadership and assume responsibility in achieving a green Kenya
- Use soccer as a tool to tackle social issues and create a lasting change in our community, country and the world.
- Strengthen the resilience and life skills of Children through social football sessions.
- Training community youth leaders in Green-Kenya methodology and leadership skills in general to become possibly community coaches and lead the program in the future and increase their chance on the labor market.
- Increase the socio capital towards the creation and maintenance of safety for Children in the community
- Train partner schools to improve practice and theory of teaching using Green-Kenya curriculum.
- Health and wellness – we recognize the importance of self-care to both the young and the society at large and we encourage the wellbeing of the mind, body and soul
- Dignity – we believe that all humans should be treated with dignity from all walks of life
- Equality – we are committed to the highest standard of ethics and equality to the environment we inhabit and the society we serve
- Respect – we strive to create an environment of mutual respect and encouragement- a working environment that rewards commitment and in response to the needs of coaches and their families
- Inclusion – we believe that for us to bring sustainable change, we need to include both the young people and our senior citizens, differently able-bodied at all levels